[LispSea] food

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 07:02:18 UTC 2006

Daniel J Pezely wrote:

>     Drawing upon prior experiences, these types of events seem to draw
> a slightly larger crowd when there's free food (such as pizza) and
> zero cost to attend.

Hey what do pizzas cost anyways, en masse?  I'm curious about the
relative business expense.  Maybe there's a cheaper way to go that still
works.  Depends on how many people are expected.  Also on whether anyone
has time and skill to cook.  I think a big pot of vegetarian chili could
go a long ways price / performance wise.  Beans are cheap.  I've also
discovered recently that soybeans in the pod are rather tasty and a
pretty good mental boost.  Anyone got a Costco or Sam's Club membership?

One sore point with me is the number of times I've been to a meeting and
only caffeinated beverages were available.  Considering that half the
time they punch holes in my stomach...

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every