[LispSea] LispSea logo

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 01:33:01 UTC 2006

Brian Rice wrote:
> On 6/13/06, Brandon J. Van Every <bvanevery at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Daniel J Pezely wrote:
>> > Brandon wrote:
>> In summary:
>>
>> +1 parens
>> -1 black
>> -1 photo
>> -1 cappuccino
>
> 15 minutes (of trying to do anything but what I'm supposed to do at
> work) with a (Mac) graphics program plus graphic from a free stock
> photo site yields (beware, huge PNG designed to be scaled down):
> http://tunes.org/~water/LispSea.png
>
> *shrug* Probably a total waste of time, but at least it can be funged
> with.

+1 not black
-1 aliased

Daniel's parens are quite good.  They should be made non-black, or else
the webpage should be re-colored / re-flowed so they're not competing
and joining with other black text.  Logos are generally black on a
letterhead, so I can't a priori say "black logos are bad."  They do need
the right context, though.  A logo on a letterhead is usually not trying
to compete with a bunch of other stuff, it's allowed to breathe.
Whereas webpages are often busy.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every