[rucksack-devel] Compacting the heap?

John Pallister john at synchromesh.com
Thu Jun 7 14:52:31 UTC 2012

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, COLLECT-GARBAGE seems to do the trick; it
hasn't shrunk the heap file, but it certainly seems to have improved
performance. It isn't exported though, hence my overlooking it.

I often think that it would be great to try and gather people's
experiences with Rucksack and produce some sort of "best practices"
document. It's a great library, but sometimes I wonder whether I'm
using it quite as intended (particularly when I hit performance
problems).

Are you still using Rucksack yourself these days?

Cheers,

John :^P
--
John Pallister