[rucksack-devel] state of the onion

Rudi Engelbrecht rudi.engelbrecht at gmail.com
Wed May 28 18:50:03 UTC 2008

Hi

I am using Rucksack in an environment to help me construct quick
prototypes in Lisp.

I am initialising the database everytime I start up the environment
at this stage. At the moment I create and manipulate about 50
domain objects during the startup (not plenty - I know).

I was pleasantly surprised to have it downloaded and installed in
less than 10 minutes in my LispWorks environment.

So far - based on the minimal effort to get it going, the nice tutorial
and the transparent approach to persistence it is a cheap way
(in terms of development and setup) to add persistence.

If your needs outgrow the solution, then you can always invest
the time later to switch to something else.

Rucksack's approach and seamless persistence reminds me
a lot of GemStone Smalltalk.

Kind regards

Rudi