[rucksack-devel] Re: Fwd: State of the nation and heap patch

Arthur Lemmens alemmens at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 12 20:34:53 UTC 2008

Cyrus Harmon wrote:

> Yes, turning off the indices does seem to be helping the load time.
> Based on current progress, I'd guess that this will bring the load
> time down into the 30 min. range instead of the two hour range.
>
> Is there a way to add the indices back once the data is loaded?

Not for class indices (and maybe that's not even possible at all,
in the general case).

But you can add a slot index to a slot (of a class that has a class
index) by adding something like

   :index :string-index

to the slot definition and re-evaluating the entire class definition
I usually just compile and load the file that contains the class
definitions.

See also the files test-index-1a.lisp and test-index-1b.lisp in
the test directory.

Arthur