[rucksack-devel] Practical ways of unlinking an instance from indexes

Uwe von Loh uvl at htg1.de
Sun Jan 28 15:53:01 UTC 2007

I try to understand rucksack since several weeks now, but could not get
the mechanism of deleting an instance. I tryed several approaches. The
first was already mentioned in the list: remove the instance from all
indexes by index-delete. That works for me in the case of class indexes
but not for the slot indexes. Maybe I misunderstood the relationships
between object-id and classes or slots.
My second (unsuccessful) approach was to slot-makunbound the slots of an
instance. Can anybody help me with a short working example for that?
The third way to remove an instance was to change its class to an empty
class (defclass nothingness ()()) as shown by Eric Naggum on cll. This
way would be great, to remove an instance from all indexes at once but
it didn't work for me either. Please give me some hints and examples on
removing instances?
Thanks for your patience.
Uwe