[rucksack-devel] MOP

Arthur Lemmens alemmens at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 22 00:04:44 UTC 2007

Levente Mészáros wrote:

> The following patch separates persistent and standard slots in a
> persistent-class instance during class finalization based on the
> :persistence slot parameter. It also further specializes svuc and
> friends on persistent-class and friends.

Thanks, but unfortunately your patch breaks Rucksack on Lispworks
(both 4.6 and 5.0).  I spent half an hour trying to debug this, but
couldn't find the bug in that time.

I think the idea behind your patch is OK (although it has a rather
low priority for me personally).  So if you can come up with a
version that works on Lispworks too (bonus points for including
Allegro), I'll gladly merge your patch.  But I don't have the time
to debug it myself, and I can't accept it as is.

By the way: the function you call REMOVE-KEYWORDS is called SANS in
Rucksack (thanks to Erik Naggum and Edi Weitz).  And calling it as
you did, like:

   (remove-keywords args :direct-slots)

doesn't actually do anything, so it's probably not what you intended.

Arthur