[rucksack-devel] Line terminators are ^M

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 14:32:16 UTC 2007

> Thanks, I've just run this script and committed the result.

thanks a lot! i've merged this with our local changes that you can find at:

http://common-lisp.net/cgi-bin/darcsweb/darcsweb.cgi?r=cl-wdim-rucksack;a=summary

or

darcs get http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cl-wdim/darcs/rucksack/

we can send plain-text diff's of any/all of these if requested, and
you can darcs pull/unpull them individually to apply them. please take
a look at the darcsweb interface and feel free to request the patches
that you would like in the official. (bah, that's some strange
english, no pun intended or anything... :)

alternatively i can offer to merge them back individually in cvs upon
request, my user on cl.net is alendvai.

imho all the patches you can find there are good enough and useful
enough for inclusion in the official, but YMMV.

> I'm not sure how I can prevent this from happening in the future.
> Maybe "cvs admin -k" can help.  I'm looking into this.

it's not a question of life or death, it only causes more merge
conflicts then necessary...

as of "cvs admin -k", i don't think you need anything like that. if
all's well, now a cvs co or cvs up on a windoze box should either
produce files with simple 0x0a line endings and then it's ignoring it
completly, or it should produce 0x0d 0x0a line endings in which case
it's most probably also converting it back at a commit. either case,
i'll report back if some of the commits contain 0x0d 0x0a line endigs,
so we can further investigate this.

hth,

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
 - I understand.
 - No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"
(Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället)