[rucksack-devel] Line terminators are ^M

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 14:15:22 UTC 2007

> I thought that CVS checkout was supposed to bring the files in with
> the line endings of the current architecture...

i tought that, too. maybe that only happens when the line terminators
in the files on the server are only 0x0a?

all i know is that checking out rucksack both on my linux box and
common-lisp.net ends up with 0x0d 0x0a line terminators and converting
the repo with tailor also includes the 0x0d terminators.

looking at the files directly on the cvs server shows that there are
0x0d's checked in and a cvs commit after the conversion want to change
all the files. and looking at the output of "cvs --help" does not
suggest anything useful here.

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
 - I understand.
 - No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"
(Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället)