[rucksack-devel] Line terminators are ^M

Levente Mészáros levente.meszaros at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 12:22:13 UTC 2007

Hi,

I think there is something strange with the files on the server or I
might be missing something, because when I do a cvs checkout I get ^M
line terminators instead of the normal 0xA on linux.

I use cvs for several other projects and this problem did never show up before.

Did you try to do a checkout on a linux box?

IIRC the windows cvs client likes to check in files with 0xD 0xA which
causes this on linux. I looked at the files on the server with hexdump
and there are 0xD 0xA line terminators under the cvsroot.

Is there any client side setting I could turn on so that my linux cvs
client converts those line terminators to 0xA? I could not find one.

Cheers,
levy

--
There's no perfectoin