[rucksack-devel] rucksack performance

Cyrus Harmon ch-rucksack at bobobeach.com
Fri Jan 12 15:49:38 UTC 2007

I guess performance is the only issue I can think of. Yes, you have
to pay the cost of indexing either way, but, at least in many
systems, it can be faster to do a bunch of "inserts" and then index
the table, using rdbms-speak. It's not so much an issue of debugging
performance problems, as working around the performance bottleneck of
inserting into an index. I guess in an ideal world we wouldn't need
to disable indexing during a bulk creation phase.