[rucksack-devel] MOP differences between Lispworks and SBCL

Arthur Lemmens alemmens at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 4 12:38:01 UTC 2006

I've just committed some fixes that should take care of the MOP differences
between Lispworks and SBCL.  I found two differences:

- As discussed yesterday, Lispworks doesn't call (setf slot-value-using-class)
   in SHARED-INITIALIZE, but SBCL does.

- SBCL doesn't call FINALIZE-INHERITANCE when a new instance is created of
   a class that has been redefined, but Lispworks does.

I've run the schema update and indexing tests in test-*.lisp on Lispworks 5.0
and SBCL 0.9.16, and they all seem to work fine now.  If they don't run on
your implementation, please let me know.  (And if they do run, that's also
good to know.)

OK, back to implementing a copying garbage collector...