[rucksack-devel] Current status

Arthur Lemmens alemmens at xs4all.nl
Sun Sep 3 21:22:01 UTC 2006

Thomas Stenhaug wrote:

> The stack exhaustion still occurs with SBCL.
>
> I have found that the infinite loop starts in the call to
> rucksack-maybe-index-new-object from  persistent-object's
> initialize-instance :after method, where for some reason it starts
> making infinitely many btree objects.

Thanks for the report.

I *think* that this is due to a difference between Lispworks and SBCL
in the implementation of SHARED-INITIALIZE.  On Lispworks, SHARED-INITIALIZE
does not seem to call (SETF SLOT-VALUE-USING-CLASS), whereas SBCL does
seem to call (SETF SLOT-VALUE-USING-CLASS).  Maybe somebody with more
knowledge of SBCL can confirm this?

If this is true, then the infinite recursion on SBCL is probably caused by
Rucksack's around method for (SETF SLOT-VALUE-USING-CLASS) during the
SHARED-INITIALIZE part of creating one of the initial btrees.

I'll try to find a way around this.

Arthur