[rucksack-devel] Another GC patch

Arthur Lemmens alemmens at xs4all.nl
Thu May 18 22:36:36 UTC 2006

Edi wrote:

>> It probably isn't (I haven't looked closely).  And even if it is
>> correct, it's not enough: the function BLOCK-ALIVE-P needs to be
>> adapted too.  It's still based on the old block layout, where
>> BLOCK-START pointed to an object id.
>
> Ah, OK, thanks for the explanation.  So, if I've understood that
> correctly, then maybe this patch does it.

That's a lot better, thanks.  In fact, this patch was good enough to
let the TEST-CREATE test run without crashing the GC.  (It's still
not good enough though; the test in BLOCK-ALIVE-P is too simple,
because it assumes that all versions except the most recently saved
one are dead.  That will work for simple cases, but I think there
are cases where this assumption is not correct.)

If you feel like following this path, you could now try to keep fixing
TEST-LOAD until it doesn't crash anymore.  And then TEST-UPDATE ;-)

Committed (you can subscribe to rucksack-cvs if you want the follow
the CVS commits, by the way).

Arthur