[rucksack-devel] openmcl patch

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Thu May 18 12:39:06 UTC 2006

Marco Baringer <mb at bese.it> writes:

> rucksack used to use host-namestring for grabbing the host part of a
> pathname. however on openmcl this returns "" which, when used to with
> make-pathname :host, creates a logical pathname. pathname-host on the
> other hand returns :unspecified which can be passed back to
> make-pathname to get an object which is equal to the original (all the
> other tests passed without modification). is there a reason for using
> host-namestring i'm not aware of?

Sorry about that. I did it for SBCL: SBCL returns #<UNIX-HOST> which
isn't serializable.

This is, I think, a bug in SBCL, but I haven't double-checked it yet.
If I'm correct it can be reverted to pathname-host, and I'll patch
SBCL.

Cheers,

  -- Nikodemus              Schemer: "Buddha is small, clean, and serious."
                   Lispnik: "Buddha is big, has hairy armpits, and laughs."