[rucksack-devel] Re: Rucksack, ECLM

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Thu May 18 09:34:30 UTC 2006

"Arthur Lemmens" <alemmens at xs4all.nl> writes:

>> The only point remaining is objects whose Rucksack has been closed: I
>> assume they are effectively dead, and touching them isn't allowed?
>
> I see no reason to prohibit reading them, but yes: changing them
> is not allowed.  (I should probably add a check for that.)

i don't think you should be able to read those objects.

1) what happens if the rucksack is modified by someone else who has,
   at a later time, opened it?

2) what happens when i want to read a "forward-pointer"?

i think it would be better, simpler to implement and reason about, to
require all interaction with persistent objects to happen within a
transaction.

p.s. i may be jumping into this discussion late and i may have missed
something in one of the previous mails.

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.