[rucksack-devel] GC problems

Arthur Lemmens alemmens at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 9 14:06:33 UTC 2006

Edi Weitz wrote:

>>> A. We could abandon the idea of a concurrent GC and only run the GC
>>> when there's no transaction, similar to what Plob! does.
>>
>> Yeah, that's an "if everything else fails" solution.  But I'm not
>> ready for that yet.
>
> Isn't what you just committed to CVS pretty similar to that?
>
>   "Don't do any GC at all while a transaction is writing objects to
>    disk."

Yes.  I misunderstood your remark about PLOB as not doing any GC while
a rucksack is open.

See also my other message.

And, just to repeat myself: I do intend to come up with a more
fine-grained solution, but my current priority is to get all the basics
in place so we get a version of Rucksack that can be used for some real
(even if relatively small) projects.

Arthur