[rucksack-devel] Btrees

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Fri Aug 4 22:37:21 UTC 2006

On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 00:22:01 +0200, "Arthur Lemmens" <alemmens at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Erm, no.  I just implemented the first thing that I could get
> working.  Actually, I don't even know what the Guibas/Sedgewick
> algorithm is.  Should I Google it up?

Not necessary, I think.  It's a paper cited in some articles, but the
paper itself is not available online, even if you're willing to pay
for it.  From what I've gathered it's basically about a technique
where you don't have to go upwards if you insert keys which is
interesting if you try to implement concurrent access to btrees and
want to lock as few nodes as possible.

I think that /might/ be interesting for low-level btrees, but probably
not for Rucksack's btrees.