[rfc2109-devel] parse-cookies chokes on short strings

Marijn Haverbeke marijnh at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 10:42:18 UTC 2006

While messing around with an UCW project I ended up setting the cookie 'foo'
to the value 'bar'. With firefox all is well, but IE (probably violating
some standard again) sends me a cookie header that simply says 'foo=bar'.
The function parse-cookies in rfc2109 takes the first 9 characters from a
string and compares those with "$Version=", but for strings shorter than 9
characters this will raise an error. Attached is a patch which adds a check
to see whether the string is long enough.

Marijn Haverbeke