[regex-coach] Lauching TRC with a regexp as argument?

JP Vossen jp at jpsdomain.org
Wed Mar 7 01:26:52 UTC 2007

Edi Weitz wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 00:37:29 +0100, "Paul Kilima" <paul.kilima at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for a way to run The Regex Coach from an editor and to
>> "feed" it with a regexp the user would select.
>>
>> I know how to read the selection in the editor, however I found no
>> way to run TRC with the regexp as argument... Is this actually
>> possible (using an obscure command-line option...) ?
>
> Nope, sorry, it isn't.

You could probably "push" the expression into the registry using one of the
many tools (Perl, Resource Kit, WSH, other) that can do that.  Presumably on
non-Windows you'd just edit the config file, but the location of that file
eluded me when I just went looking for it.  Either way, not as easy as an
argument, but possible.

For Windows see HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Edi Weitz\The Regex Coach\Panes.

Later,
JP
Microsoft has single-handedly nullified Moore's Law.
Innate design flaws of Windows make a personal firewall, anti-virus
and anti-malware software mandatory. The resulting software arms race
has effectively flattened Moore's Law on hardware running Windows.