[regex-coach] Regex Coach Feature idea and Linux

JP Vossen jp at jpsdomain.org
Sat Feb 3 00:04:59 UTC 2007

Hi Dr. Weitz,

I've been using The Regex Coach periodically for a while now, and have
recommended it to many people.  I've also used the Linux version on my
Ubuntu laptop, and am sorry to see that go.

I have 1 trivial feature idea, for your consideration.  I work for a
Network Security Monitoring company and often do regexps for logs for
different customers.  Thus, the default stance of saving the previous
expression and target are a potential information leak for me.  I make
an effort to clear the panes before I close the tool, but that's manual
and error prone.  I guess I could come up with a way to nuke the
appropriate settings in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Edi Weitz\The Regex
Coach\Panes", but before I do that I thought I'd throw the idea out there.

It might be nice to have settings like:
	Don't save ANY settings or values
	Don't save: Regex, Replacement or Target pane values

Not a big deal, just a thought.

Oh, one other trivial detail, 0.9.1
(http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/regex-coach/2007-January/000169.html)
is not listed in http://weitz.de/regex-coach/changelog.txt, the latest
it has is 0.9.0.

Anyway, thanks for a great tool,
JP
Microsoft has single-handedly nullified Moore's Law.
Innate design flaws of Windows make a personal firewall, anti-virus
and anti-malware software mandatory. The resulting software arms race
has effectively flattened Moore's Law on hardware running Windows.