[regex-coach] Re: Regex Coach

Maciej Żenczykowski maze at cela.pl
Sat Sep 17 21:31:13 UTC 2005

> Yes, you'll have to register.
done :)

> Yes, you're right that the stepper (and other parts of the system as
> well) has problems with the 'x' flag - I wasn't aware of that.  I'll
> try to fix this ASAP.
>
> The 'g' flag doesn't make sense in the stepper, though.  It is only
> meaningful for replacement operations - see the documentation.

Well, I don't know, in a way it would be easier to debug if the stepper
continued on past the first match (with 'g' turned on) - ie. effectively
simulating the 'replacer' and not the 'matcher', since otherwise I find
myself going back'n'forth to select a new string start location.

Perhaps have a button (once the match has been completed) to restart
matching at the location were the previous match finished?  [ie. something
like a pseudo-temporary invisible change of the string beginning]

Cheers,
MaZe.