[regex-coach] Apparent crash on complex regex in "Tree" tab

era+regex=coach at iki.fi era+regex=coach at iki.fi
Wed Sep 7 17:19:08 UTC 2005

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 13:50:42 +0200, "Edi Weitz" <edi at agharta.de> said:
> On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 13:49:07 +0300, era+regex=coach at iki.fi wrote:
> > I still get the crash even if I similarly mung my copy of the text
>
> Please try the version available from
>
>   <http://weitz.de/files/regex-coach.bz2>
>
> and check if it shows the same symptoms.

It's an improvement. Now, I get an error dialog with the following text:

  [title: Message]

  X ERROR
    Display: #S(#:DIS)
    Error: BadName (named color or font does not exist)
    Major opcode of failed request: 45 (X_OpenFont)

             [OK]

The same message (with "Quitting" prepended) is also printed on standard
output (still not standard error) when I click OK. I still have to
"killall regex-coach" from another window to terminate it, even though
it prints "./regex-coach : Interrupted - quitting" on the last line of
output when I press ctrl-C to "really" quit.

It would of course be helpful if it could indicate which font it wants
... but I guess this too may be a feature of LispWorks and not in your
code actually. (Any X masochists around who could tell how to find out
which font is being requestd with some X tool?)

/* era */

--
If this were a real .signature, it would suck less.  Well, maybe not.