[regex-coach] Strange fatal error

Andreas Davour ante at Update.UU.SE
Thu Mar 3 08:45:48 UTC 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Edi Weitz wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 00:26:50 +0100 (CET), Andreas Davour <ante at Update.UU.SE> wrote:
>
>> When I tried to run regexp-coach under FreeBSD (with Linux
>> compatibility enabled) I happened upon the following strange error:

[snip]

>> So, after trussing the image I realize that it's doing some very odd
>> stuff.
>
> You seem to be using a version of OpenMotif that's binary-incompatible
> with Regex Coach.  Or, even more likely, Regex Coach is searching for
> the library below /compat/linux.
>
> Maybe these links will help:
>
>  <http://www.lispworks.com/kb/f05daf889214217a80256c5a004c9b12.html>
>  <http://www.lispworks.com/kb/aa792906239daaf88025694c003b3238.html>
>  <http://www.lispworks.com/kb/3834259d254fee8085256cbc00755f61.html>

I'll check thos links and see if I find some help there.

>> How about distributing this as source instead?
>
> I have no plans to do that.

You wouldn't mind expanding a bit upon that position? I could probably
have solved this problme myself in 10 minutes if I had the source, and
contributed code to make your program even better.

>> Or can someone produce a FreeBSD version of this program for me?
>
> There is no version of the LispWorks compiler for FreeBSD.

And, you mean, it's not possible to build without one? Why?

/andreas