[regex-coach] Mac OS X version bugs

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sat Nov 13 00:17:31 UTC 2004

Hi!

My current problem with the Mac version is the lack of time. There's
an issue with getting certain threads in sync and I've not
investigated this fully. It doesn't help that I don't have a Mac
myself and have to lend my wife's iBook for that... :)

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:17:28 -0500, Ray Zimmerman <rz10 at cornell.edu> wrote:

> Looks like a great tool once the bugs are out ... I tried a simple
> case in the Mac OS X version ...
>
> Reg-Ex:
>
> 	text\d
>
> Target String:
>
> 	text0123text
>
> It just says ...
>
> 	Unknown token FAKE-ENTRY in parse-tree

Yes, this is a consequence of the threading issues I mentioned
above. The program inserts certain "fake" entries into the parse tree
generated by the regex engine but they should have been removed at
this point. Unfortunately they aren't.

> Also, it appears the cursor keys do not work for editing the reg-ex
> and target strings.

Yes, I've noticed that, too. I guess this is only a minor problem that
should be easy to fix. But - see above - I haven't touched the Mac
version since I released the first beta. I hope I can look at it in
the next week.

Sorry,
Edi.