[rdnzl-devel] New release 0.13.1 (Was: Could not load file or assembly error)

Raymond Wiker rwiker at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 11:14:51 UTC 2009

The new version (0.13.1) fixes the breakage introduced by my code, so
that is good - thanks, and sorry for the mess I caused.

The reason I suggested using Load was that Load generated exceptions
where LoadWithPartialName would return nil (it did also complain, but
not sufficiently loud that I noticed :-)

Sooo, I think that maybe import-assembly should do something like

(or [LoadWithPartialName ...]
    (let (..)
       [Load ...])

That way, if LoadWithPartialName returns nil, Load will have a chance
to report the actual error.

Alternatively, we could revert back to using the original code, and
add a separate version that uses Load in all its gory glory.