[rdnzl-devel] in-process DLLs

Andrew Wolven awolven at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 23 00:58:06 UTC 2007

Are you using Franz AllegroCL?

Allegro has the ability to generate itself as an in-process COM dll.  You can also make an ordinary DLL with Allegro.  In either case, if Revit is based on AutoCAD, you can write a small ARX application with MSVC++ which loads the DLL into AutoCAD's process space.  Once you have Allegro running inside AutoCAD, RDNZL will communicate with AutoCAD's .NET API.

If Revit is not based on Autocad, I am sure the procedure would be similar.

AKW