Questions about complexity of some functions in various implementations.

Marco Antoniotti marco.antoniotti at unimib.it
Sat Jan 23 16:39:23 UTC 2021

Hello everybody

I remember from the trenches that LW implementation of INTERSECTION and
UNION does not have (expected) linear time complexity.

Before I go ahead checking the various implementations, does anybody know
what is the time complexity of, at least, FIND, FIND-IF, POSITION and
POSITION-IF for VECTOR inputs in various implementations?  That is, does
anybody know whether these functions have at least O(lg n) time complexity
in any of the implementations out there?

All the best

Marco

--
Marco Antoniotti, Associate Professor         tel. +39 - 02 64 48 79 01
DISCo, Università Milano Bicocca U14 2043 http://bimib.disco.unimib.it