Hi

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Fri May 8 23:47:47 UTC 2020

I've been using Common Lisp ... pretty much since it was a thing.  So,
yes, that must be almost 30 years, starting on a Symbolics.

And I've used it professionally pretty much that whole time, with
occasional divergences to other languages for the odd project here and
there.

Mostly AI stuff, a lot of symbolic computing, but other stuff as well.

Have a good weekend, all!

On 8 May 2020, at 14:36, Burton Samograd wrote:

> Thanks for all the great replies. Good to know you all.
>
> I’ve been a Lisper for about 15 years.
>
> https://github.com/burtonsamograd <https://github.com/burtonsamograd>
> https://github <https://github/>.com/BusFactor1Inc
>
> Burton Samograd
>
>> On May 8, 2020, at 10:15 AM, dbm at refined-audiometrics.com wrote:
>>
>> I have been using CL now for about 30 years. Professionally and
>> avocationally, I use it for signal and image processing,
>> cryptography, market trading and risk modeling, machine and
>> instrument control, and just general math modeling.
>>
>> Now, I guess, I am finally retired… so I support myself with Lisp
>> and market trading. And, avocationally, I use it for music
>> composition, sound processing, and astronomical image processing.
>>
>> I am an old Astrophysicist who started with Forth and found Lisp as
>> its natural evolution to what Forth always wanted to be…
>>
>> - David McClain
>> Tucson, AZ, USA

Robert P. Goldman
Research Fellow
Smart Information Flow Technologies (d/b/a SIFT, LLC)

319 N. First Ave., Suite 400
Minneapolis, MN 55401

Voice:	(612) 326-3934
Email:    rpgoldman at SIFT.net