In CLOS, instance remorphing considered useless in practice?

Jean-Claude Beaudoin jean.claude.beaudoin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 10:54:47 UTC 2020

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 4:36 AM Hans Hübner <hans.huebner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Given the discussion until now, Jean-Claude, what is it that you're trying
> to accomplish with this debate?  Are you up for proving that the MOP is
> "wrong"? You have repeatedly indicated that this would be your opinion.  If
> so, are you trying to create a new version of the MOP that would not
> include class redefinition hooks?  Or are you up for creating a new Lisp or
> a new Lisp object system that is inspired by the MOP but somehow different?

Sorry Hans but I just got a "come to Jesus" moment and therefore had to
consult the scriptures directly.
What do I find in the AMOP,  #'cl:update-instance-for-redefined-class and
#'cl:make-instances-obsolete are nowhere to be found in it!
I see this as a sign.

One finds #'cl:change-class and #'cl:update-instance-for-different-class
inside AMOP but not the other two.

I would then be tempted to drop almost half of my case after all.