emacs lisp mode, mailing list?

Elias MÃ¥rtenson lokedhs at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 14:50:27 UTC 2018

On Sun, 24 Jun 2018, 02:03 Vladimir Sedach, <vsedach at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I looked at coding up mouse commands myself but just out of curiosity and
> > gave up without even trying. But I am sure it would be doable.
>
> There have been several implementations copying the basic mouse
> commands from Genera in GNU Emacs:
>
> https://www.mail-archive.com/gnu-emacs-sources@gnu.org/msg00393.html
> http://www.foldr.org/~michaelw/projects/redshank/redshank.el
> https://github.com/vsedach/mouse-copy
>
> I stopped pursuing the idea after discovering that mouse use was
> giving me wrist pain.

I'm currently working on a project where I am bringing Maxima to CLIM (I've
had some pretty good progress), but one thing that has frustrated me is
that CLIM does not have a consistent concept of keyboard control.

I believe this comes from Genera. I wonder if it was designed at a time
where it was thought that mouse control would be the primary mechanism of
interaction.