Paredit-mode in the slime repl

Pascal Bourguignon informatimago at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 11:54:52 UTC 2018

> On 4 Aug 2018, at 03:13, Alexandre Rademaker <arademaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Thank you Pascal. What I didn't understand is why the keybinds are so different in the slime-repl-mode and in the lisp-mode while editing a .lisp file.

Output in the slime repl buffer is rarely lisp forms.
And even input in the slime repl buffer is lisp forms only when you’re entering into the REPL itself. But if you’re running a lisp program, using read-line or read-char, you can edit and input anything there.

So there’s little reason why the key bindings in the slime repl buffer should be as restrictive as in a lisp buffer.

--
__Pascal J. Bourguignon__