ASDF debugging on Hangouts?

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 19:53:32 UTC 2017

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 2:44 PM, Bob Cassels <bobcassels at netscape.net> wrote:
> I assume the software installation you need is just Chrome. Looks like
> Hangouts on Air is now called YouTube Live.
>
> https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7083786?hl=en

My Youtube Live dashboard tells me I need to setup some software as
item 1 on its checklist:
https://www.youtube.com/live_dashboard
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2907883?hl=en
Only solution listed for Linux, OBS Studio https://obsproject.com/

Happily, NixOS does have obs-studio already packaged. Unhappily it
dies at startup with these last log messages:
info: Initializing OpenGL...
info: OpenGL version: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 17.1.8
intel_do_flush_locked failed: Input/output error

So... I'll try when I have more time.

It is only when we realize that life is taking us nowhere that it begins
to have meaning. ― Pyotr Uspensky