ASDF debugging on Hangouts?

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 10:53:32 UTC 2017

On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 7:43 PM, Ken Tilton <kentilton at gmail.com> wrote:
> But I am curious, I will first try to see why uninstall did not work.

When you first install Quicklisp, it will download the latest dist. A
dist is, among other things, a list of URLs pointing to project
snapshots that are known to work well with each other. (This is one of
the key features of Quicklisp!) Uninstalling a project then
reinstalling it doesn't achieve much since Quicklisp will again grab
the very same project version, as determined by the dist.

To update to the latest dist, you can use ql:update-all-dists. They're
released monthly.

Cheers,

--
Luís Oliveira