ML Maintainer wanted

Don Morrison dfm2 at cmu.edu
Sat Dec 2 14:50:36 UTC 2017

On Sat, Dec 2, 2017 at 3:40 AM, Ken Tilton <kentilton at gmail.com> wrote:
> ​Thanks for the wonderful history. I was immediately reminded of the
> Garden of Eden​, a time of innocence before we ate from the tree of
> good and evil.

Curiously, while certainly full of innocence, I think in some ways it may
have been less Eden-like and more an antagonistic response to the Great
Adversary, deliberately going in a direction opposite to Multics’s concerns
for security. An argument could be made that this division laid the ground
work for the FOSS movement. Via bits of history in which Lisp (mostly
pre-Common) is heavily involved.

--
Don Morrison <dfm2 at cmu.edu>
“Whatever you do, don’t congratulate yourself too much, or berate