Sharing READTABLE macro bindings?

Attila Lendvai attila at lendvai.name
Sun Jul 17 21:17:35 UTC 2016

> Has anyone created a clever system for sharing reader macros?

as Fare mentioned, there's named-readtables, but we had to deal with
this before it was implemented (plus i think it's still not 100% yet
regarding infrastructure integration), so we do this:

shadow cl:in-package with out own macro that takes a readtable from
the package and sets it up while compiling. see hu.dwim.common and
hu.dwim.syntax-sugar

and to support working through slime we add our own entries to
swank:*readtable-alist*

it can be made to work, but few people took the effort, so it's not a
well trodden path.

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39