Naming suggestions

Antoniotti Marco antoniotti.marco at disco.unimib.it
Thu Feb 4 18:03:33 UTC 2016

Dear all,

in the quest for RESTHBDB) RE-doing Stuff That Has Been Done Before) I am trying to come up with a name for a referencing/dereferencing operator.

Think of something like

(<name-of-reference-operator> #2A((1 0) (0 1)) 0 0) ==> 1

of

(<name-of-reference-operator> #H((foo . bar) (we . 42)) ‘foo) ==> BAR ; I am cheating.   #H(..) is a hash table.

SETF methods will be defined as expected.

Now.  What could be a good name?  I have the following list.

REF
REF$
[]
[[]]
AT
@
GETAT

What do you think? (Full disclosure: I usually refrain from taking up non alphabetic names)

Cheers

MA

--
Marco Antoniotti, Associate Professor tel. +39 - 02 64 48 79 01
DISCo, Università Milano Bicocca U14 2043 http://bimib.disco.unimib.it

Please check: http://cdac.lakecomoschool.org

Please note that I am not checking my Spam-box anymore.
Please do not forward this email without asking me first.