Advice sought on structuring a system

Don Morrison dfm2 at cmu.edu
Thu Apr 7 11:35:22 UTC 2016

​On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 7:21 PM, Don Morrison <dfm2 at cmu.edu> wrote:
> I suppose an attractive possibility might be to wrap some sort of
> condition handler around the place inside ASDF that's trying to load
> the cl-sqlite dependency, but I don't know my way around the ASDF
> internals enough to have a sense of where that should be done, or if
> it's even practical. Is there a good place inside of ASDF to do such
> a thing? It seems fairly modular, so it seems likely. Maybe it's as
> easy as defining a specialized method of some sort, or an :around
> method on something or other?

Ah, I now see that something like this is unlikely to be practical: am I
correct in believing folks are likely to be operating with widely disparate
versions of ASDF?

It is beginning to appear that the most practical solution today, or at
least the one least likely to cause further problems, is two different
systems.
​​

--
Don Morrison <dfm2 at cmu.edu>
"Swift had read Hobbes, an experience not easily forgotten."