[pro] Lexer wanted

Paul Tarvydas paultarvydas at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 22:31:20 UTC 2015

I wish that I’d had PEG 20 years ago,

PEG parses a wider set of grammars than YACC can.

PEG is backtracking, but, it uses a trick, memoizing, that minimizes the cost of backtracking.

Given the hardware we have these days, I don’t see why anyone would use anything but PEG and packrat parsing.

Google phrase “bryan ford peg”

Building a PEG parser is way, way easier than dealing with Lex and YACC.

I’m not sure if I’ve answered all of your questions … please feel free to ask again....

pt