Erlang style processes in Common Lisp

Antoniotti Marco antoniotti.marco at disco.unimib.it
Tue Aug 4 08:49:12 UTC 2015

> On Aug 3, 2015, at 18:12 , shenanigans at sonic.net wrote:
>
> Creators of Erlang have a Lisp background, and one feature of the Erlang VM (BEAM) that I'd like back-ported into Common Lisp is their process.

…

Wasn’t it Prolog?  I believe the first version was written in Prolog.

In any case, apart from the niceties of the Erlang VM, how much of CL will be there in a ground up new implementation?  And how much can be leveraged out of different implementations (e.g., LW has wonderful concurrency primitive available)?

Let me say that the traffic on CLL re LFE and Flavors seems a bit misdirected to me.  I want CLOS, not Flavors.

Cheers
—
MA