loop conformance

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 20:32:11 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 3:52 AM, Antoniotti Marco
<antoniotti.marco at disco.unimib.it> wrote:

> On Jan 29, 2014, at 02:03 , Steve Haflich <shaflich at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  (We of X3J13 understood that the loop specification was not our best work.)
>>

> Shall I utter the P-word? 3:) 3:) 3:)  (Or the C-word, and I am sure you agree on this one!  :) )

I'll take the bait.
PATHNAME sounds to me like the obvious horror starting with P — and I
recommend Lispers to give a look at UIOP/PATHNAME to see why.

C, I'm not sure. Looking at the symbol index and glossary, I'll
venture a guess: COMPILER-MACRO?

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.
                — H. L. Mencken