[pro] [MOP] Does intern-eql-specializer serve any real purpose?

Scott McKay swmckay at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 15:38:37 UTC 2014

The specializers are probably interned for the sake of allowing
better optimization of EQL dispatch. I don't think it'll grow without
bounds; it probably gets big enough to hold all of the methods with
EQL dispatch, and then grows no further.

Honestly, I don't use EQL methods much myself, if they can be
avoided by using SELECT.

--S