[pro] [MOP] Does intern-eql-specializer serve any real purpose?

Jean-Claude Beaudoin jean.claude.beaudoin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 07:10:24 UTC 2014

Hello CL Pros,

Lately I have been improving the MOPishness of MKCL and that brought me in
contact with the specification of intern-eql-specializer in AMOP.

The EQ requirement on its returned value seem to me to dictate a hash-table
implementation (PCL and its derivatives all seem to do just that).

The problem I see with this is that it will be a "for ever growing"
hash-table with not upper bound in sight. And the "purpose" of such a
mandatory built-in memory leak also completely escapes me. Could any of you
share some insight on this question, please?

Thank you,

JCB