[pro] lisp on mobile platforms these days

Nick Levine ndl at ravenbrook.com
Sun Apr 27 18:19:51 UTC 2014

> For everything else, you can use JNI bindings. The coding style is
> similar to using FFI bindings to talk to C libraries. On desktop
> systems, there are often conflicts between the GC mechanisms used by
> CL and Java, so this would be something to watch out for on Android
> as well.

In particular, you shouldn't be surprised if JNI's DetachCurrentThread
bites you from behind. (When I was working with Rich Hickey's JFLI a
few years back, this call typically SEGVed in foriegn code or caused
random corruption in Java internals. I ended up recycling threads
myself rather than letting them go altogether.)

- nick