[pro] CDR for UTF* and UNICODE handling in :element-type (Re: write-char vs. 8-bit bytes)

Antoniotti Marco antoniotti.marco at disco.unimib.it
Fri Apr 11 20:32:26 UTC 2014

On Apr 11, 2014, at 22:18 , Bob Cassels <bobcassels at netscape.net> wrote:

> Because this is a binary write, not a character write. It has nothing to do with Unicode or anything else. Unless the original problem has to do with writing UCS-2 or UTF-16, but there was nothing in the original question that had anything to do with characters, other than the incorrect use of write-char to write a binary value.

I understand that my original message was not on spot.  In fact I changed the subject line in my response…  The issue, in any case, appears to be the handling of characters nevertheless.  Maybe Paul can clarify what he was really trying to do.

In any case… I am the only person who thinks that a “sub-standard” on these issues may be a Good Thing?

Cheers
—
MA