State of common-lisp.net ?

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 16:57:36 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 5:10 PM, Clint Moore <clint at ivy.io> wrote:
>   Who do I need to talk to volunteer to work on common-lisp.net?  I poked
> around the site looking for an email address or something and don't remember
> seeing anything obvious.

The mailing list where common-lisp.net administrators and other users
hang out is <clo-devel at common-lisp.net>. However, the current state of
common-lisp.net was not caused by lack of resources. IIUC, one of the
administrators decided to single-handedly migrate most (but not all)
of the services running on c-l.net to a new box. In the process,
Apache was changed nginx, mailman to mlmmj, etc.

The issue at hand is therefore political rather than technical.

>> Meanwhile, the mailing lists are being managed using mlmmj
>> (<http://mlmmj.org/>) which does not have a web interface, AFAICT.
>
>   There must be a very compelling reason to switch if it doesn't support
> what mailman has by default.

I think everybody shares that sentiment except for the aforementioned admin.

--
Luís Oliveira
http://r42.eu/~luis/