STM advice

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 00:39:05 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Scott L. Burson <Scott at sympoiesis.com> wrote:
> There is CL-STM.  I haven't tried it, though, and know little about it.
>
> If you do find a good STM library, you'll want a functional collections
> library to go with it.  This is for the same reason that Clojure uses
> functional collections: you don't want to have to go outside the STM
> framework to update collection-valued slots of objects.  Permit me to
> suggest FSet: http://common-lisp.net/project/fset/
>
> It is Quicklisp-loadable: (ql:quickload "fset")

And of course, there are also functional collections in LIL:
https://github.com/fare/lisp-interface-library

(FSet and LIL have very different styles and feel;
depending on your personality, you might prefer one or the other.
FSet is more of its own dialect of Lisp;
LIL is more of a peculiar way to use CLOS.)

"Under capitalism, man exploits man.  Under Communism, it's just the
opposite."
                — John Kenneth Galbraith