[pro] Search engine development discussion.

Jean-Philippe Paradis hexstream at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 18:31:32 UTC 2012

"We are currently in the design stage, and have not written a line of LISP."

Your reaching out seems fairly premature...

"That is why I'm here. I would like to learn about your opinions before
doing anything. As a collective, this group has a lot of knowledge about
the language."

My opinion is that anyone who would spell "LISP" in all-uppercase
doesn't know jackshit about Lisp. You should first target a particular
dialect, as Lisp is a family of languages. Many here would strongly
recommend Common Lisp, as I would. Magic recipe:
Emacs/Slime/SBCL/Quicklisp. (I'm lazy.)

"Knowledge that will allow us to build a better search engine
with LISP."

Well, good luck. First, go learn Common Lisp, and see you in a few years...