[pro] Curating libraries

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 07:25:48 UTC 2012

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 2:50 AM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to invite you to join me in this effort.
> Whichever libraries you use or maintain,
> please partake in this consolidation effort.

As discussed, am looking at the data importers ((text)-file or system
to CL array, i.e. the prototypical CSV to CL-array importer), and
would be happy to work with others who want to take a lead on this
topic (I'm aware of 5-6 blog posts over the past few years to review
as part of due diligence, and 5+ different systems which range from
simple importers to a bit more sophisticated state machine parsers...)

I eventually need something like a unified version of R's foreign
package (unified with the other data importer and exporter packages),
but of course, need to start somewhere, and somewhere is with CSV,
TSV, and similiar delimiter-separated-values (DSV).

best,
-tony

blindglobe at gmail.com
Muttenz, Switzerland.
"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we
can easily roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).

Drink Coffee:  Do stupid things faster with more energy!