[pro] #; comments...

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sun May 6 22:54:11 UTC 2012

>> But if you really like this syntax, there is nothing in the ANS that
>> would
>> preclude a source module from including the necessary read-time
>> set-dispatch-macro-char call early in its own source.
>
> Module-local syntax would be nice, but there is currently no
> editor(Emacs) and ASDF support for that so I won't use it

1- Since ASDF 2.019, there is support for :around-compile,
 that allows you to effectively redefine syntax around a module.
 Combined with reader-interception, you can portably redefine
 your syntax to be that of e.g. python, or whatever you fancy.
 You know where to find emacs modes.

2- Since well before that, there is named-readtables.
 I recommend you make your #; syntax available as a named readtable.

3- You can always define a new subclass of cl-source-file,
 that gets compiled within proper syntax redefinition.

Two wrongs don't make a right — but three lefts do.